The mission of the SPACE program is to provide numerous and varied opportunities for personal enrichment through learning. SPACE modules are designed to be academically serious but fun, focused purely on the love of learning and the joy of studying the material. SPACE provides fully online access to a serious but low-impact arena for learning, whether you are interested in building a systematic course of study or just pursuing eclectic interests.
Signum University believes in connecting learners with teachers, and with each other! SPACE modules, like all Signum classes, are based on real-time, online small-group discussion sessions. Our modules each last for one month and typically meet twice a week for an hour-long interaction under the direction of the module’s preceptor. Each module provides eight hours of class time. If you have any questions about the SPACE program, please reach out to [email protected]
Learn more here. Embark today on your next learning adventure in SPACE!
Continuing in May: we’re celebrating six months of SPACE!
Any newcomer to SPACE who purchases a Token for the first time gets an additional Token free.
But it gets better: if they used your referral link to get to Blackberry, you will get a free token as well.
Share it with friends who are interested, and let them hitchhike along into SPACE!
Step 1: Purchase Your Tokens
SPACE Tokens are each redeemable for participation in one SPACE module. Simply open the Blackberry registration system to purchase. SPACE Tokens never expire; you can use them whenever you like, and you can even give them away to friends! If you would like to make a gift of one or more SPACE Tokens, first make your token purchase through Blackberry and then complete our Gift Form to let us know to whom you would like to gift the tokens.
|Tokens||Total Price||Price per Token|
Step 2: Choose your modules
- Enroll in Confirmed Modules: definitely running next month, and you can choose a Confirmed module right up until classes start.
- or Vote for a Candidate: offered for the month after that, will run if at least four students support it. The decision will be shared on about the 7th of the month before it runs.
- or Hang on to your Tokens, check out the Looking Ahead list and the Directory. The Communications Center will keep you updated!
Note: All listed times are in Eastern Daylight Saving Time; June courses begin the week of May 30th; classes run for one hour twice per week.
Creative Writing sector:
Fantasy Studies sector:
- Creative Writing: Writing the Hero with Sparrow F. Alden, meeting Mondays & Thursdays @8:00 PM starting May 30
- Till We Have Faces: Lewis’s Finest Work with Sørina Higgins, meeting Tuesdays & Thursdays @2:30 PM starting May 31
- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Redemption with Keli Fancher, meeting Mondays & Thursdays @8:00 PM starting May 30
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit with Elise Trudel Cedeño, meeting Mondays and Fridays @2:30 PM starting May 30
- Advanced Old English: Apollonius of Tyre with Larry Swain, meeting Mondays & Thursdays @7:00 PM starting May 30
- Advanced Old Norse: Volsunga Saga Series with Carl Edlund Anderson, meeting Tuesdays & Thursdays @10:00 AM starting June 2
- Advanced Greek Readings: Gospel of John with Larry Swain, meeting Mondays & Wednesdays @9:00 PM starting May 30
- Beginning Scottish Gaelic 1 with Sìne Màiri MacDougall, meeting Tuesdays & Thursdays @6:00 PM starting June 2
- Old English 1 with Larry Swain, meeting Tuesdays & Wednesdays @6:00 PM starting May 31
- Tolkien’s Writing Systems with James Tauber and Elise Trudel Cedeño, meeting Wednesdays & Fridays @10:00 AM starting June 1
Continuing language cohorts
Step 3: Wait for Confirmation
- If you chose a Confirmed module, the Communication Center will affirm your registration and put you in touch with your preceptor
- If you chose a Candidate module, you will hear by about the 7th of the month before it runs whether your chosen module received enough registrations and has become Confirmed. If it did not, you can choose one that did become Confirmed or hang on to your Token.