Can’t attend Mythmoot in person? Join via MootCast!
MootCast is a new service we’re offering this year for those who would like to attend Mythmoot virtually.
We understand not everyone can afford to travel to Mythmoot, and many would-be attendees have expressed an interest in joining the conference virtually. For Mythmoot VI: Dragons, we are introducing a way to do exactly that!
Through MootCast, registrants will be able to view all of Mythmoot’s plenary sessions, panels and special presentations via livestream. Note that in-person Mythmoot attendees will receive MootCast access as part of their registration package at no additional cost.
MootCast Pricing and Features
MootCast will cost $75 for virtual attendees. Features include:
- 3 livestreams via Netmoot that provide access to ALL plenary sessions, panels, and presentations*
- Coverage of the entire Mythmoot schedule, Thursday through Sunday (excluding masquerade and meals)
- Access to archived recordings in case you cannot watch live
* Note that some events will be streamed for free on the Signum University Twitch channel.
How MootCast Works
You can purchase a MootCast registration up to and during Mythmoot (registration will not be available after June 30, 2019).
After registering for MootCast:
- You will receive an email with 3 links to register for the Netmoot classrooms
- Find which session(s) you would like to attend on the Mythmoot schedule
- Log into the corresponding Netmoot link using the email address you registered with
- If you miss the livestream, you will be able to download recordings from the MootCast Archive
- Note: There may be a delay between the livestream and recording availability.
When will recordings be available?
We will have staff on-site dedicated to making recordings available in the MootCast archive as soon as possible each day during Mythmoot. Our goal is to have recordings available overnight before the start of the next day’s activities.
Can I just purchase access to the MootCast archive?
MootCast is primarily intended for those who wish to attend Mythmoot virtually as it is happening. Therefore, MootCast for Mythmoot VI will not be available for purchase after Sunday, June 30, 2019.
That said, if you know you will not be able to view any of the sessions live, but you want to have access to the archive, you can register for MootCast before June 30. Those who register for MootCast will continue to have access to the video archive indefinitely.
Do I get MootCast if I attend Mythmoot for only one or two days?
Yes! All in-person attendees will receive MootCast, whether they attend for one day, two days, or the entire conference.
Will Mythmoot videos be available on YouTube for free later?
Why is Signum suddenly charging for livestreams and recordings?
As Dr. Corey Olsen has previously said, he has long desired to offer a virtual registration for Mythmoot. MootCast is the culmination of that desire.
While we have offered some recordings of previous Mythmoot sessions through public channels in the past, in developing MootCast we knew we would be unable to continue to do so given the added costs of producing a complete virtual package. Some of those costs include:
- Additional Netmoot software licenses so we can cover all of the breakout sessions
- Faster/more reliable internet access through the conference vendor to provide livestreams and upload recordings
- Hosting and bandwidth costs for the recording archive
As is consistent with our philosophy of charging as little as possible for educational content, we have priced MootCast at the lowest price we could to ensure that Signum does not lose money. We operate our events on a break-even basis, MootCast included.
I presented at Mythmoot. Can I get a copy of my presentation video?
All Mythmoot attendees will automatically receive access to the MootCast archive as part of their conference registration. If you have trouble finding the recording of your presentation, please contact [email protected], and we will help you.
Note that Signum University retains the copyright to all recordings in the MootCast archive. Please contact us for permission before sharing any MootCast recordings on a public platform.
Dragons image courtesy E. J. Hoff. Used with permission.