Work with students one-on-one and in small groups as a preceptor.
- Tolkien Studies
- Imaginative Literature
- Germanic Philology
- Classical, Medieval, and Renaissance Literature
We particularly invite experts in the areas of science fiction, popular culture, and the Inklings.
What Does a Preceptor Do?
The purpose of the position of Preceptor is to support the instruction of language and literature classes by:
- Leading live small-group discussion sessions
- Liaising with the lecturer
- Assigning and evaluating writing, projects, and assessments
- Providing feedback and clarification for students
The successful candidate will have:
- An M.A. in English, Languages, or a related field (Ph.D. preferred)
- Experience teaching a diverse population of students at the college level (graduate teaching preferred)
- A high level of comfort and ability working with technology or a demonstrable willingness and aptitude to learn the technologies used for Signum’s digital campus (online teaching experience preferred).
Passionate, knowledgeable, compassionate, visionary scholars are the ideal candidates for precepting at Signum.
How to Apply
Send your C.V. and a letter of interest to the Department Chair, Sørina Higgins, at email@example.com. In your letter, please address your expertise in the particular concentration(s) in which our department specializes, and please describe your level of comfort and experience with online teaching. Links to video samples of your teaching style are optional but recommended.