June 1, 2017
June 4, 2017
AddressNational Conference Center, 18980 Upper Belmont Place, Leesburg, VA 20176 View map
Mythmoot IV will be held from Thursday, June 1 through Sunday, June 4, 2017, at the National Conference Center in Leesburg, VA. Note that this conference will be one day longer than previous Mythmoots!
This long-expected and much-awaited event will feature special guests:
- Dr. Verlyn Flieger – University of Maryland
- Dr. Michael Drout – Wheaton College
- John Di Bartolo – Creative Guest of Honor
- Ted Nasmith – Creative Guest of Honor
- Sørina Higgins – Academic Guest of Honor
- Dr. Corey Olsen – Signum University President
It will also include the traditional banquet on Saturday evening, with much food and merriment for all! View details about the events in the preliminary program provided below.
Call For Papers
We are currently accepting proposals for papers, panels, workshops, and creative presentations (storytelling, music, visual arts, etc.) for Mythgard IV. We are specifically looking for proposals on the following topics:
- Imaginative Literature — Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Speculative Fiction from Mary Shelley and H.P Lovecraft to Ursula Le Guin and Neil Gaiman.
- Tolkien and Inklings Studies — Research on the works and lives of the Inklings as they interact with each other, their modern context, and classic and imaginative literature.
- Germanic Philology — Explore relationships between language and literature in the past, present, and future.
- Anything Else — Academic research or creative presentations that traverse literature in its wondrous variety.
Proposals will be accepted through February 28, 2017. See the complete submission guidelines for more details.
Conference registration includes:
- Access to all conference sessions and events
- Three meals per day, including the banquet on Saturday night
- Snacks and beverages throughout the day
- Full access to the beautiful NCC facility, including meeting rooms, common areas, 24/7 fitness gym, hiking trails (with access to the Potomac), speakeasy, fire pit, and more…
|Entire Conference||$424 (save $21 over daily rates)|
(Fri. + Sat. or Sat. + Sun.)
|$290 (save $15 over daily rates)|
|Saturday only||$165 (includes banquet)|
Conference registration does not include lodging. The National Conference Center will have rooms available at a conference rate of $89 per night. Book your room >