Signum Academy Writing Club
Signum Academy Writing Club helps young people learn to express themselves through different styles of writing. Each week, students will get writing prompts from the club leader and create a draft based on the prompt. During the club meetings, they will take part in an interactive workshop with the teacher and other students.
Why Writing Club?
We believe that it takes a group to raise a writer. The Signum Academy Writing Club provides just such a group to encourage aspiring writers. Our purpose in the Writing Club is:
- To raise a group of writers who will inspire, who will give and gain confidence, and who will improve each other’s writing through peer evaluations and encouragement.
- The Writing Club is for all writers. We understand that a writer ranges from a poet to a lyricist, a short-story writer to a playwright, a novella crafter to a builder of new worlds. We welcome everyone.
- Whether the student is looking for a career in writing or to develop their craft for writing as a hobby, The Writing Club is the perfect platform to begin the process.
Want to learn more about Writing Club?
Talk with your parents and then have them click the button below to fill out the form.
Writing Club Details for Parents
Signum Academy Writing Club is created to help young authors learn how to express themselves creatively while receiving useful and constructive feedback. All writing club sessions are fully remote, providing a safe and flexible learning environment.
How Writing Club Works
- Each writing club group will have no more than 7 members.
- Members will receive weekly prompts from their group leader.
- During the week, members will write a draft based on that week’s prompt.
- Groups will meet for two 1-hour sessions each week using Signum’s digital campus software (primarily GoToWebinar).
- At weekly sessions, members will share their writing and receive feedback from the leader and peers.
Note: A group consists of students from one of three grade ranges: 3rd – 5th grade, 6th – 8th grade, and 9th – 12th grade.
What Kids and Teens Will Learn in Writing Club
- Creative writing skills
- Editing and revision skills
- Constructive feedback skills
- Cooperative discussion skills
Writing Club costs $90/month (about $10/hour). Discounts available for multiple subscriptions. Learn more about Signum Academy club pricing here.
Writing Club Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What kinds of prompts will members get in Writing Club?
The specific prompts that members will get may shift over time and will depend on who their club leader is.
Some examples of the types of prompts members might get include:
- Short story based on a scene or opening line
- Creative non-fiction about an event they remember
- Poetry that uses a specific format or rhyme scheme
- A piece of writing that utilizes a specific word, phrase, or writing technique (such as alliteration or metaphor)