Signum Academy Conversation Club
Signum Academy Conversation Club helps young people learn and practice language conversation skills in a variety of foreign languages. Group sessions are use immersive language-learning techniques to help students achieve understanding and fluency quickly.
Why Conversation Club?
We believe that practicing conversation is the most enjoyable, most authentic, and most rewarding way for learners of all ages and levels to learn a new language. Our purpose in the Conversation Club is:
- To connect language learners with others in their age range, providing them with practical phrases they can use in real-life situations.
- To help learners gain confidence in their ability to use what they know to understand and communicate with others—and show them how to use a variety of free resources to find out what they want to learn.
- To bring out the relationships between language and culture, including music, art, movies, literature, and history
Want to learn more about Converstion Club?
Talk with your parents and then have them click the button below to fill out the form.
Conversation Club Details for Parents
Signum Academy Conversation Club is created to help young people learn new languages and practice language skills. All Conversation Club sessions are fully remote, providing a safe and flexible learning environment.
How Conversation Club Works
- Each club group will have no more than 7 members.
- The leader will speak primarily in the club language. (Younger groups may have some English instruction. Older groups will be fully immersive.)
- Club members will participate in comprehension and speaking exercises in a weekly, interactive live meet.
- The leader may assign videos to watch or texts to read for additional practice throughout the week.
- Groups will meet for two 1-hour sessions each week using Signum’s digital campus software (primarily GoToWebinar).
Note: A group consists of students from one of three grade ranges: 3rd – 5th grade, 6th – 8th grade, and 9th – 12th grade.
Conversation Club costs $90/month (about $10/hour). Discounts available for multiple subscriptions. Learn more about Signum Academy club pricing here.
What Kids and Teens Will Learn in Conversation Club
- Conversational skills in a foreign language
- Reading skills in a foreign language
- Language learning skills for use with learning other languages
- Cooperative discussion skills
Conversation Club Languages
Currently, Conversation Club groups are available for the following languages:
Additional languages will be added over time. If you or your child are interested in learning a language not listed above, please let us know.
Conversation Club Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can my child change to a different language after signing up?
We encourage members to pursue a single language in order to attain conversational fluency. However, members may switch to a different language club with parental permission if they really wish to. Depending on the timing and seat availability, such a switch may need to wait until a new group for that language is ready to start.
Can my child participate in both Conversation Club and Translation Club?
Absolutely! See our pricing information page for information about joining multiple clubs.