At Signum University, we work hard to keep our tuition as low as possible, but we understand that many people can still benefit from further financial assistance. Our Work-Study program enables students to receive tuition remission in exchange for part time work on the Signum staff team. A lot of the work at Signum University is done by our work-study students, who are a very valuable part of our staff!
Work-study students receive tuition remission for one course per term in exchange for work of usually about five hours per week during the semester. Please note that students new to our MA program do have to complete the application and be accepted for admission to the program before enrolling in our MA courses. People who are not interested in taking our courses for credit are welcome to apply their tuition remission towards auditing.
Work-study students are placed in one or more of our staff teams based on their skills, interests, and experience, and they will be matched with a team leader who will be responsible for supporting and overseeing their work. Students who complete their work for the semester satisfactorily and would like to continue in the program for future semesters will be welcome to do so.
There are a few legal matters that we do have to make sure that all of our prospective work-study participants are aware of:
- You will need to provide evidence that you are legally able to work in your country of residence.
- You will need to submit some legal paperwork to Signum University before you can take part in the work-study program.
- For certain roles within the university, we may be obligated to perform a background check in accordance with university policy, with your consent.
Signum is seeking people to work in the following areas:
- Social Media (Twitter and Tumblr experience particularly desired)
- Web Design and Editing (WordPress experience needed)
- Bookkeeping (Basic data entry; any experience with financial bookkeeping is a plus)
- Human Resources
- Event Planning
- Writing and Editing
- Audio and Video Editing and Production
- Faculty Support (Basic administrative assistant skills would be handy)
If you are interested in working with us at Signum, please send an email to email@example.com (please mention “Work Study” in the subject line) explaining in which of the above areas you are most interested and best qualified to work.
After you send in your information, a member of our Employment Team will be in touch with you soon. We hope you will think about joining the Signum University team — we are building an exciting future together!